BERC research aims to generate knowledge and develop processes leading to efficient utilization of environmentally sustainable, biologically based energy sources. BERC is a collaborative group of researchers whose combined expertise will identify the biological, chemical, physical, engineering, and ecological requirements and solutions for maximizing the utilization of plant and microbial resources for sustainably producing bioenergy and other products. BERG researchers will identify approaches to mitigate impacts on the environment and enhance social benefits while increasing usage of energy derived from renewable plant, microbial, and other biomass resources.
Our research areas include:
- Molecular and Cellular Chemistry, Biology, and Genetics
- Optimization of Plant and Microbial Systems
- Biomass Production Systems
- Process and Systems Engineering
- Resource Management and Environmental Quality
Contact Karen McDonald or David Neale for further information.